The first step many physicians take when considering a nonclinical career is to browse job listings. And more often than not, this leads to confusion rather than clarity in the career transition process. Do I really need all of the required qualifications? What about the preferred skills and experience? Not to worry, today’s episode (part one of a two-part series) is here to alleviate your confusion and share some good news!
In this solo episode I’ll discuss what those job qualifications really mean, what to look for in job descriptions, and why converting your CV to resume gives you an advantage with recruiters.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- How to interpret the “required experience” section of a job listing
- The difference between clinical and nonclinical job descriptions
- How to be strategic in your job search
- Why nonclinical jobs are likely to provide extensive training
- How to know if your qualifications are a good match for a position
- Why some companies are more willing to hire candidates with less experience
- The benefit of customizing your resume and LinkedIn before applying
Links for this episode:
LinkedIn for Physicians Course – If you’d like to learn how to customize your LinkedIn profile to make it stand out to recruiters, this course walks you through all the steps with short, actionable videos and cheat sheets for each lesson. This course takes the guesswork out of using LinkedIn!
Carpe Diem Resume Kit – Converting your CV to a resume helps recruiters better understand why you are a great match for a specific job. My resume kit gives will guide you through creating a polished resume for your desired job. Templates are included as well as a bonus on writing your cover letter.
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
Other ways to enjoy the show: