When physicians consider the field of informatics, many think the only opportunities are working in a hospital- and they want to run the other way! But as today’s guest Dr. Dan Drozd shares, informatics has so much more to offer. As the CMO of PicnicHealth, Dr. Drozd leads a multidisciplinary team that collects data from electronic medical records and uses it to improve patient care at both the micro and macro levels. He’ll discuss what he loves most about his new role, the steps he took to get there, and how you can explore opportunities in digital health and healthcare analytics.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- What led Dr. Drozd to pursue a new career path
- The many hats Dan wears in his CMO role
- What he loves most about his job (and why this surprised him!)
- How networking paved the way for Dr. Drozd’s career transition
- What types of roles are available in the digital health field
- How to make the leap into this growing area
- Dan’s advice for transitioning to a nonclinical role
Links for this episode:
Rock Health – A great website for innovators and supporters of strategic initiatives to change healthcare for the better.
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show:
The post Episode #65: Opportunities in Digital Health – Catch the Wave appeared first on Doctor’s Crossing.