*articles contain affiliate links*
Nurses are amazing people. They help people who can’t help themselves. Nursing is truly a noble profession. They work long hours in stressful environments and they often have to deal with difficult people – but they don’t complain about it much, because that’s just the job. The Covid-19 pandemic has shown us that if nurses were not there in the hospitals the whole world would collapse.
Bringing a little bit of happiness to the nurse’s face is the best way to make them smile. Using Nurse Puns is a great way to do so. So we are going to share some of the best Nurse Puns we could find. We hope you’ll enjoy them at least as much as we do – or even more!
35+ Best Nurse Puns
1. Knock knock
I can’t tell you that.
2. Nurse to doctor, “There’s a man in the waiting room who thinks he is invisible.”
Doctor, “Tell him I can’t see him.”
3. The nurse who can smile when things go wrong…
Is probably going off duty.
4. How many nurses does it take to screw in a light bulb?
None. They just have a nursing student do it.
5. How long does it take a nurse to change a light bulb?
About 15 seconds tops to change it and 20 minutes to document it – how, when, where, why, and what serial number it had.
6. Doctor to nurse, “How is the child who swallowed a few quarters doing?”
Nurse, “No change.”
7. When I went to get my vaccinations the young nurse told me she was very nervous as it was her first time.
I told her to give it her best shot.
8. What’s the difference between an oral thermometer and a rectal thermometer?
9. What’s it called when a hospital runs out of maternity nurses?
A midwife crisis
10. Patient: “Will I be able to play the piano after this operation?”
Nurse: “Sure! Of course!”
Patient: “That’s awesome because I couldn’t before!”
11. Why did the doctor tell the nurse to walk quietly past the medicine cabinet?
So they wouldn’t wake the sleeping pills.
12. A man speaks frantically into the phone, “My wife is pregnant and her contractions are only two minutes apart!”
“Is this her first child?” the nurse asks.
“No! It’s her husband!”
13. Why do nurses bring red magic markers into work?
In case they have to draw blood.
14. You should always be kind to nurses. Remember they choose your catheter size.
15. The nurse told the parents of a newly born child, “You have a cute baby.” The smiling husband said, “I bet you say that to all new parents.” “No,” she replied, “just to those whose babies really are good-looking.” The husband again asked, “So what do you say to the others?”
The nurse replied, “The baby looks just like you.”
16. A rookie nurse tries to make friends with everyone.
An experienced nurse knows to use that energy only to befriend the cafeteria cooks, pharmacists, and discharge planners.
17. What did the nurse say when she found a rectal thermometer in her pocket?
“Some butthole has my pen!”
18. A patient with an IV is taking a walk around the floor when he notices a nurse walking around with her own IV. When asked about it, the nurse replies: “Yours is medicine and mine is coffee. Both are vital to our well-being.”
19. I don’t find medical puns funny anymore since I developed an iron deficiency.
20. Nurse’s prescription. 8 oz ETOH q4h PRN
(That’s 8 ounces of alcohol every 4 hours as needed to a nurse)
21. Why did the nurse go to art school?
So they could learn to draw blood.
22. I used to get heartburn when I ate birthday cake until a nurse advised me to take the candles off first.
23. Had to wait for ages for my X-ray today at the hospital. There was only a skeleton staff working.
24. A man walks into a clinic for the first time. The nurse tells him to fill the cup to this line at least. The man replies “Every time I give blood I never extract it myself the nurse always does it”
The nurse replied, “I understand but sir this is a sperm bank.”
25. The local hospital hired a Roman nurse.
Complications arose when the IV was issued to bed #4.
26. I asked my wife to dress up as a nurse tonight… to fulfill my fantasy that we have health care.
27. A nurse walks into a bank totally exhausted after an 18-hour shift. She grabs a deposit slip, pulls a rectal thermometer out of her purse, and tries to write with it. When she realizes her mistake, she looks at the flabbergasted teller and, without missing a beat, says, “Well, that’s great…some asshole’s got my pen!”
Take Charge of Your Nursing Career
Your first year as a nurse is daunting. You need someone in your corner telling you what your managers really need from you, helping you learn to interact with your preceptor, and really just manage your life. Find all that an more with the FreshRN VIP – Membership.
28. I had to take my son to the hospital after he swallowed ten quarters. He was rushed to surgery. After half an hour I saw a nurse so I asked her how he was. She said, “There’s no change yet.”
29. A nurse, a doctor, and an anti-vaxxer walk into a bar.
A nurse, a doctor, and an anti-vaxxer walk into a bar.
The nurse sits down at the bar and says, “I’ll have a Bloody Mary!”
The doctor sits next to her and says, “Give me a rum and coke!”
The anti-vaxxer says, “No shots for me.”
30. Nurse: Sorry for the waiting
Me: No problem, I’m patient.
31. All the nurses are dressing up as witches for Halloween!
They will be caretakers.
32. I’m a nurse in a hospital’s children’s ward. One night, I was at the nurses’ station when I heard a little boy in his room talking. He kept the patter up for some time. Finally, I got on the intercom and said softly but firmly,
“All right, Johnny, it’s time to go to sleep now.”
There was quiet in the room, and then he said,
“OK, God, I will.”
I didn’t hear a peep from him until late the next morning.
33. Girl at the hospital: “Nurse, you’ve been so kind and sweet to me. Would you please come and visit me when I get out of the hospital?”
Nurse: “Nah, graveyards give me the creeps”
34. What did the nurse say when the doctor decided to stay home?
35. After my prostate exam, the doctor left. The nurse came in later, with a worried look on her face, and said the three words I was dreading to hear.
“Who was that?”
36. A nurse died and went to Hell.
There it took him two weeks to realize he wasn’t at work.
37. A nurse walks towards a man informing him his wife didn’t make it while giving him the baby.
He gives the baby back to the nurse and said, “Give me the one I and my wife made.”
Above are 37 puns for nurses that you can use for them to give them a little bit of a happy face. Enjoy your day and thanks for reading.
For More Best Nurse Puns Check Out:
Download Nurse Bingo Today!
Liven up any shift with a fun game of bingo. See who can fill a row first!
Fill a whole card and lose grip with reality.
Your privacy is protected. We will never spam you.