Penn Highlands Healthcare is preparing to open the Stern Center for Behavioral Health in DuBois, Pa., according to the website thecourierexpress.com
The $22 million project at the Penn Highlands DuBois East campus is scheduled to open in late September and will house inpatient and outpatient behavioral health services for children, adolescents, and adults.
The facility includes:
- 44 child and adolescent beds and private inpatient rooms
- separate entrances for inpatient and outpatient services
- a walk-in clinic for children, adolescents, and adults in crisis (opening late 2022)
- an outpatient center for counseling and assessment for mild to severe behavioral health conditions
- group therapy rooms
- engaging play therapy rooms, a gym, sensory stimulation room, calming seclusion room, classroom for children.
A future $39 million addition will include 22 adult beds and an eight-bed high-acuity unit.